Tuesday 14 June 2011

Tuesday 13th June

Wow sorry haven't blogged in a while, have my own personal taxi man Queezie who picks me up every morning for work and picks me up and takes me home. His really nice I am glad to give him my business, wow started at the Orphanage yesterday there are 19 children from the age of 4 - 16 the youngest my little baby boy Francis he is so cute they are all so cute. The orphanage is not in the best condition but extremely better maintained than other ones. They yell a lot at he children and hit them with canes which is a bit hard to get used too. Just found out today that they have a bill for 600 Cedis (like $300) if they don't pay the water will be shut off which would be terrible the drinking water, washing etc. It's only men that work at the Orphange but they really care for the kids just very tough... There are a fair few other volunteers helping teaching at schools during the day then returning in the afternoon to help with home work. I have only stayed at the Orphanage learning to Peel casova with insane knives cut myself a few times takes a bit of practice, ill def have more. I am meant to be meeting up with the other volunteers tomorrow so i am going to go into work later. Queezie will pick me up, it was so good to hear form mum and dad and Hannah. It is so hot here i am sweltering the whole time haha, i have to eat my dinner at home under a fan. Out of chose I'm only eating twice a day because Host mamma Joyce feeds me so well. I still gag a little but def dont let them see, I am waited on by which feels so weird i try to help but they say you sit down, I am so blessed my other friend Louise is having a terrible time gets yelled at by her host mum a laot because she cant eat all the food or doesn;y understand Twi I'm slowly learning Fanti but it is very difficult. I have said to Louise to ask to stay with me, host mamma Joyce and host bro Kobi because i have a double bed and a bunk bed and the next volunteer is moving in Friday but only for a month so I will be the longest stay. I am gradually getting used to things stuff still does distress you though, but im keeping it together really well. Love the kids and everyone I have met is just so sweet and caring. Again I am blessed.Loving it here know the time will go quickly just going to do as much as i can to help fix up the orphanage bring all the kids home especially Francis. Sorry for the long Post Love you all see you all really soon xxxooo

2 comments:

  1. you doing so good bec. very proud of you.

    what an amazing (and sometimes intense) experience! love yo so much and really loved talking with you tonight.

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing Bec.. Unfortunate for u about the food though! Have u got many photos yet, would love to see some! Chloe xo

    ReplyDelete